Preventative Care and Teeth Cleaning
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits.
The providers at Anchorage Midtown Dental Center believe that prevention is the best medicine. We pride ourselves on our commitment to take the time to teach proper hygiene techniques and answer any questions you may have. We do not charge for this and believe it is the best service we can provide!
Follow these helpful recommendations to keep your teeth healthy between your Anchorage dental appointments:
- Simple teeth cleaning can be as simple and routine as brushing your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up and down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Sealants placed on young permanent teeth.
Have a dental emergency?