Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our preventative dentistry program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At your initial visit, your hygienist will review oral hygiene instructions with you, and helpfully reinforce them at subsequent recall visits.
Our providers at Anchorage Midtown Dental Center believe that prevention is the best medicine. We pride ourselves on our commitment to taking the time to teach proper hygiene techniques and answer any questions you may have. We do not charge for this and believe it is the best service we can provide!
Follow these helpful recommendations to keep your teeth healthy between your Anchorage dental appointments:
- Simple teeth cleaning can be as simple and routine as brushing your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft-bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up and down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sticky, sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Place dental sealants on children's permanent teeth.