There is no worse dilemma than having an aching tooth, which must be removed, yet the idea of losing it is in itself highly disturbing. Fortunately, there is a way modern dental implants can solve your missing tooth problem, whatever caused it, and restore your confidence and overall oral appearance.
What Is A Dental Implant?
If you have a missing tooth, an Anchorage dentist will recommend a dental implant, which is a safe and advanced way to reclaim a lost tooth or smile. The implant is designed and made just like a natural tooth, with both the crown and root parts. A titanium root is firmly secured into your gum and the crown fitted on top of it, to give you the comfort of a natural tooth.
Why Should Modern Dental Implants Be Your First Choice?
If you want, a dental implant can remain a secret between you and your dentist, because no one else can tell you have it without probing. The dental implant is crafted to be a life-like replacement, with the crown’s natural color and matching the size, shape and contour of a natural tooth. The biological compatibility of a dental implant makes it feel very natural in your mouth as you eat, speak or smile.
While a missing tooth may not be a medical emergency, it can rob you your youthful appearance in the following ways:
- The adjacent teeth can change positions to fill the gap left by a missing tooth
- With a missing tooth root, your jawbone may gradually shrink and make your face appear a couple of years older
- Quality and confidence of your smile is affected significantly, potentially ruining your self-esteem.
The fact that a dental implant can replace a missing tooth with a complete life-like equivalent gives it several advantages:
- First, your teeth remain where they should be to prevent jawbone shrinkage and preserve your facial contours.
- Secondly, with a dental implant, you no longer have to smile while tight-lipped or with your mouth covered, because there’s nothing embarrassing to hide anymore.
With modern dental implants guaranteeing you life-long comfort and confidence, let an Anchorage dentist take a look at your mouth and offer the best treatment options for your circumstances. On top of everything, you can enjoy your restored tooth function for longer, with a consistently good level of oral care and maintenance.